A Little About Me!
I have been teaching for more than 25 years with nearly 20 of those years in special education. It is my desire develop relationships with each of my students and help them reach their full potential!
I believe ...
...creating a positive environment where students can learn in a variety of ways is essential.
...developing relationships with students is crucial. It is important to be genuine with students - they know when your concern and interest is sincere or insincere.
...upholding high expectations for students is imperative. Students will work to achieve high goals for a teacher they trust. Be that teacher!
..recognizing the unique set of needs that each child brings to your classroom is pivotal. Each child walks in the door with their exclusive combination of circumstances, skills, and abilities that intermingle to make each learning situation different.
...learning is a lifelong process - not only for students but also for teachers. To be an effective teacher, learning new skills and gaining knowledge is paramount.
As an educator, I seek to encourage and inspire students!
My Teaching Goals
I plan to:
* earn a Master's Degree in Special Education -Behavior Intervention Specialist
* analyze student behavior and develop/monitor behavior plans
create and maintain an inclusive learning environment for students with special needs
* assist students to achieve their highest level of learning
adequately prepare elementary students for their next stage of learning (junior high, high school)
* teach students self advocacy skills appropriate to their age
support parents in providing a learning environment that meets their child's needs
* encourage and support classroom teachers as they work with students with a variety of needs in their classrooms